We’re always glad to hear from future volunteers with a desire to make an impact in the life of an older adult through one of our programs.
Please take a few minutes to fill out and submit our volunteer application! We will contact you soon after receiving your information.
If you'd like other opportunities to join the FriendshipWorks team, please check our available positions -- we often post jobs, internships, and other volunteer opportunities.
February 2022 - Due to high demand, we have a waitlist for volunteers interested in Friendly Visiting in Cambridge or Somerville. We appreciate your patience while we work through this list.
If you are interested in becoming a PetPals volunteer you must be 18 years old and be able to commit to 2-4 hours a month for at least 6 months. Please first review the requirements for your pet and then fill out the form below.
Requirements for FriendshipWorks PetPals Dogs and Cats:
- Be at least 18 months of age
- Have lived for at least 6 months with volunteer applicant prior to the date of application
- Be able to obey basic commands including “sit,” “stay” and “heel” (dogs only)
- Be able to walk with a harness or a leash
- Comfortable around multiple people and enjoy being petted by them
- Comfortable with travel
- Be on flea and tick control
- Not on a raw diet
- Have had a physical exam within 12 months of screening
- Attend the PetPals Animal Assessment Screening to be scheduled by FriendshipWorks staff