Working together toward our shared mission— to reduce elder isolation—staff members describe FriendshipWorks as a place where people care about one another and the older adults living in and around Boston. If this sounds like it could be the right atmosphere for you, and you want to put your skills and experience to work, please contact us!
We want to hear from you:
- If you enjoy bringing people together to reduce isolation and build community;
- If making difference for the positive in two people’s lives (a volunteer and their older adult match) motivates you;
- If you like building community, partnerships, and connections;
- If the idea of working in Boston’s neighborhoods and the surrounding areas of Brookline, Newton, Cambridge, and Somerville motivate you;
- If working with a great, dedicated team excites you…
FriendshipWorks could be the place for you! Join our team as we work to meet the ever-increasing needs of Greater Boston’s older adults. Please review the open positions below and directions to apply. We look forward to hearing from you!
“FriendshipWorks staff care about each other and the incredibly important work we do for older adults in our community.”
FriendshipWorks, Director of Operations
To apply please send resume, cover letter, and writing sample to email@example.com with the position title in the subject line.
- We are open to discussing internship opportunities at FriendshipWorks. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
From time to time, FriendshipWorks also has opportunities for specific in-office or remote volunteers. Please keep an eye on this page for any opportunities.
Don’t see anything that fits your experience or wish to contribute? Check out our Volunteer page.
FriendshipWorks strives to create a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels welcome and supported. FriendshipWorks is an equal opportunity employer providing opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, religion or creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status recognized by federal, state or local law with respect to employment opportunities. Individuals from underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply.